Beijing City International School:
Education for the Good of All
& Sustainable Development of the World
1 Review our past visioning goals and celebrate first steps
- Are they still relevant and appropriate?
2 Self-Assess global competence, revisit the HS work, and identify strengths, patterns, and clear areas of need/opportunity
- What are we doing well, where do we want to be, what are some next steps identified internally?
3 Agree upon an indicator system(s) to pilot & implement in collecting data on progress for this endeavor:
- What external resources might we use to help BCIS / IC measure development?
- Do we only want to measure student learning or also want to measure other elements such as: Leadership, professional learning, operations, partnerships, parent education, internal and global capacity building?
4 Clearly define what “education for the good of all and sustainable development of the world” actually means to the entire BCIS community:
- One pager: What do we do, how do we do it, what do we call it?
5 Identify roles, responsibilities, & 2019-20 semester one timeline
- Five Ws
Baseline & Celebration:
Revisit the Past Visioning & First Collaborations:
Launch, Co-teaching, Avenir, HS, Global Youth Media…
Self-Assessing Global Competence at BCIS
Areas of Opportunity & Potential Next Steps
Full School Global Design:
Our How of…
Professional Learning, Operations, Partnerships, Parent Education, Internal & Global Capacity Building,
BCIS as a “Sustainability Living Lab”
School-Wide Learning Indicators:
Leveraging BCIS Strengths & Curriculum
to Learning Objectives for
Global Competence / Active Global Citizenship
The One Pager:
Clear Definition and Pillars of BCIS Plan
"Service as Action, Civic Action, Global Citizenship,
Global Competence, Service Learning, Learning for Sustainability..?"
Articulated 2019-20 Focus Areas
How do we build capacity in each division?
How do we streamline initiatives & pedagogies?
Multiplying our talented educators
Roles & Responsibilities for next steps